Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Statistics

I am currently taking a statistics course here at South with Mr. Rose. Understanding the concepts and material can be tricky, but as long as you don't think too deeply into the material, it's easier than you may realize. Mr. Rose has made it very clear that there are differences between statistics and probability. Statistics is a generalization based on a population and it's sample. While a probability is simply a chance that something will happen. Not necessarily based a population and it's sample. If information is collected via a population/sample where you can pose a question, collect data, organize that data and interpret results- it becomes a statistic. It is no longer a probability.

2 comments:

  1. I am taking that class next thanks for sharing your inside opinion about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not taken that class yet, but I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete