Thursday, March 12, 2015

My impact of BIG DATA

I am sure there are all kinds of BIG DATA that we could apply to our lives. In recent events and a conversation with a girl at my lo0cal gas station that I went to high school with, I am going to chose my age vs. marriage vs. children. So apparently I am not part of the norm, or big data, because she was shocked that I have no children of my own nor have I ever been married. And here I thought the age for marriage and having children was increasing towards thirty, she thought otherwise. My choice to have never been married or have children at this point in my life is one that I think is wise. I find myself getting closer and closer to the idea of marriage and children., but I don't think I should be judged in a negative manner. I have found 'the one' and have all intentions on having that future, but I'd like to finish college and have a stable job before I introduce children into my life. So that's my BIG DATA.

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with waiting before getting married and having children. It's probably the smartest decision for a young heterosexual female to make. Children take a lot of time, effort, energy and financial resources to care for, and without the proper support and resources at your disposal, the joy that comes from creating life and nurturing it can quickly become an agonizing burden. Double for marriage. I find it is best to get every romantic impulse and fantasy out of one's system BEFORE you settle down with a man, otherwise it opens the new spouse into a large range of emotional territory that is quite unhealthy and possibly dangerous for the psyche. Just my own opinions on the matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Christopher on that one. You are definitely on the right path as far as waiting until after school is over and you have a good career to do all that family stuff. Everyone is different and no one should be judging you because you decided to live your life by different standards than they did.

    ReplyDelete