Authority is earned in many ways. Such as age, education, career position, and often times socioeconomical status. At this point in my life I do not have as much authority as many other people surrounding me. I am not a mother, a boss, a caregiver, an educator, or a nurse....yet! In the mean time, I show authority about myself and my own confidence while respecting the authority of others.
In our Doc1 assignment, I showed authority by volunteering to create the group document and share it with my group members. Since this is a group assignment, all other decisions have been discussed and agreed upon by all of the group members. So, it is hard for me to recognize myself as having anymore authority in the matter.
See ya later,
JB
I would agree with you about it is earned in many ways. I think that you would make a good manager and you have the skills to make the hard decisions. Just from the way you view things and the way that you are putting it into writing.
ReplyDelete