Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Deductive Reasoning

I find it easiest to understand deductive reasoning by logically reading between the lines. An example of that could be: if A=B and B=C then A=C. Or if I was told apples are a fruit and all fruit grows on trees. I could then make the statement that apples must grown on trees. The same process can be applied to our Police Violence papers. If I did the proper research, like searching for scholarly articles, my statements could be logical and true. I could use deductive reasoning to determine whether or not police violence was correlated with childhood video game usage. If research states that adolescence who were exposed to violent video games became violent adults, I would be able to deduct that such violence could mean police violence. If video games makes an adolescent more violent. And violence can be toward police men and women. It would be through my deductive reasoning that I could say, violent video game usage, as an adolescent, could lead to police violence.

3 comments:

  1. Ohh … I got it! All fruit grows on trees. Leaves grow on trees; therefore, leaves are fruit. Easy. I like logic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah. Please don't highlight your text in red—too hard to read. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured out how to edit my post. Therefore I corrected the highlighted text. Thanks :)

      Delete