Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cop vs. Citizen Violence

I find there to be a huge difference between cop violence and citizen violence. As I mentioned in my previous post, police officers should be properly trained to handle such conflict and violence. They purposely serve to protect the people. I find that to be the main difference between citizen and cop violence. I realize that not all cops live up to their badge. There is always an exception to every rule. And in the perfect world, all police officers would do the ethical thing and always protect the people. Unfortunately, we do not live in a perfect world. With that being said, I wish to not put citizens and cops in the same category of violence. The same applies to school teachers being given rights to carry arms while in the classroom. Although there has been shooting at schools, I do not think that school faculty should be given weapons. They do not have the authority to bring weapons around adolescents nor should they have the right to shoot. There are many other ways to protect our children. Introducing more guns violence is not the answer.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your idea that more weapons will only bring more violence. I would create a chaos, anyone with a weapon is a potential shooter and that's is very dangerous. I have always being against having guns around kids therefore the idea of my kid's teacher carrying a gun while teaching them a lesson at schools terrifying and I really really hope that day never gests here.

    ReplyDelete