Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Good vs Bad Evidence

My document is about the significance of getting a bachelors of science in nursing, rather than an associates degree in nursing. I believe that many health care facilities are beginning to require a basic level of a bachelors degree to even consider new hires. In addition, they are often requiring existing nurses to pursue their bachelors degree to avoid penalties such as losing ones job.

While searching for articles and nursing association forums, I actually found many articles that backed-up my document idea. With the rise in education and comes a demand for facilities to want to only hire nurse with bachelors degree. I did not come across any poor pieces of evidence that threw my document for a loop. One personal blog was made by a nurse who holds both an associates and a bachelors, and he simply stated the facts. That regardless where an associates and bachelors is required, it is commonly known that a bachelors degree requires several more of education, which in return can lead to better nurse as a whole.

4 comments:

  1. That is really good evidence. I first started at another University to get my associates degree for nursing and decided if I was going to do it I might as well get my bachelors degree. That brought me here to South University. However, it is true that the difference between earning your bachelors vs. associates degree you really do learn a lot more and I feel much more confident earning my bachelors degree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you are saying ! I think that in all honesty if a hospital is about to hire a person and they see some one with their associates and another person with their bachelors I am sure they would go with the person with the bachelors knowing they had much more to learn and it would be beneficial to the work place !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about a Masters in nursing? or a doctorate? Does more education ever become too much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I briefly mentioned in my document how further education is quickly becoming a masters in management, nurse practioner and physician assistant. I am sure for some people, too much of a good thing can turn out to be bad. But in my opinion, a higher education means career advancement, and for me--thats what its all about.

      Delete