I am writing my document from my point of view and my references. I am arguing that a BSN should be the state minimum requirement for all nurses and possibly existing nurses. Providing information from my experience in the health care industry and my current role as a health sciences major - will be the main voice of my paper. I have researched and found that not only does an associates degree lack a two year education than that of a bachelors, but it has also been found that they make better nurses. Through higher education, nurses have the proper skills for increased patient care and health science advancements. As far as existing nurses that carry an associates degree, I plan on doing further research to decide whether they should be 'grand-fathered in' or required to maintain a higher degree to continue working.
Any thoughts?
JB
That is a great point I tottaly agree with you higher education means higher level of trainning. I just feel bad for those who have worked for a long tome under an associates and now need to upgrade to a bachelors but on the other hand Im happy that we are getting ours here.
ReplyDeleteI also agree with you, higher degree makes good nurses, not only in nursing, but in other areas or degree too. THE more you know, the more experience, good skills the better.
ReplyDelete