Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Fallacies in the Media

So it took me some time and research to find a logical fallacy of the media. I watched the videos on this weeks workshop, but I still needed a correlation to the media. So I immediately thought about politicians and their ugly fight to win. They seem to always attack their opponent in order to gain votes for themselves. I myself am not 'into' politics for this very reason. Discrediting and belittling an other's beliefs and campaign to gain success for yourself, is a horrible fallacy as far as I'm concerned. The arguing never seems to end even when the polls have closed. It's a never ending battle to persuade the people, all the while I feel like we are getting fooled. Is it ever really about what's best for our society? Or is about the race, the name, and the vote?

3 comments:

  1. I would agree with you about it being an ungly fight. I think Jessica it is all about the the vote. They are trying to promise things that can not be delivered. Look at this current President we have, he promised a change. The only thing that has changed is the amount the National Debt has risen in 6 years. It is sad that politicians can not tell the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That I so truthfully said! I can't stand when ther is an election and we have to sit through those horrible commercials of all the candidates bashing the other. Like that one commercial of lies is going to make me change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I can't stand when every news outlet/social media site does nothing but advertise these stupid gripes and lies. Good post and I agree with you!

    ReplyDelete